Thursday, May 21, 2009

And I thought Titanic was long!

A short update from the past couple of weeks:

Let me start off by telling you that the movie of last night, "Krrish" (of which we only watched the second part!), was a good 3 hours long! Not terrible of course; in fact, this movie had a little bit of everything: Matrix influence, alien invasion, comedy, musical, eye candy for the ladies (apparently there is only one actor that exists in India!), drama, deception, back-stabbing, family values...well-rounded, but at 2 in the morning it is often easy to forget such things!

Bikram came back with a vengeance this week! "I heard you guys were done with posture clinics at 11pm every night!...well, not tonight!" Ha, Tuesday was our latest night yet -- bed at 4:45 in the morning. Which made the morning fun actually! Rachel gets quite giddy on two hours of sleep (and she laughs at the stupid things I do, which only encourages my antics!).

And now, at present time...

As we enter into week 6, I find it unbelievable that I will actually be expected to teach a class in, hm, 4 weeks or so. When I think about the time left it seems like we have so far to go...until I picture myself up in front of a studio full of students who don't know exactly how to do each posture! Then I truly think that there is NO WAY I will be even remotely close to being capable of teaching a 90-minute Bikram class. Eesh.

David and Karen made it out here (Sherry was here a couple of weeks ago -- again, Sherry, THANKS for the wonderful meal that Wednesday!)...it is really nice to have familiar faces around, even if it just somebody to say hello to when you are signing in for morning class. In the words of Michael Z, "It is the same class you have always done!", and when faces are there like Sherry, David, Karen or Joseph, it always reminds me of that. It is almost like I'm back in Dallas or something, walking into the lovely studio on Mockingbird...mmmm...

We have had some good laughs recently, along with plenty of crying! Today was split as far as the actual classes were concerned -- 50/50, which is always interesting to see! I swear, I wanted to drive my vehicle out of here after class this morning; tonight, I could have gone on for 2 more hours...silly body, I wish I could be more consistent and predictable in the practice. But that seems to be the point of Bikram yoga...you do it, even when it is hard!

You stay in the room, no matter how hot you feel.

You push yourself, even when your body is screaming at you.

You breathe in and out through the nose, even when your heart is pounding so fast.

I love it. What an interesting life the Bikram yogis lead...

Peace, love, yoga hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment